Basically, what all web designers either have had to endure when dealing with clients or at some point in their career have done some of the following. Great article and worth the read.
Its been 16+ years since I built a website for my first client and I'm not ashamed to say that back then I was a terrible web designer. In fact, everything youll see below, I was guilty of. However, I eventually learned how to perfect the web designing process the hard way, through determination, research and lots of experience.
I constantly see many web designers making the same mistakes I made 10 years ago so I hope this article will help web designers and those who have or are going to hire a web designer.
- The price is under $1,000 bucks
- The “Headset Hottie”
- No weekly call
- You found ‘em on Craigslist
- No copywriting solution
- The web designer’s #1 goal is creativity
- Your web designer is related to you
- The designer is YOU!
- You built it using a web design tool
- No project management software
- They don't ask enough questions
- They have too many clients
- No scope of work
- Missing architecture strategy
- No conversion strategy
- They’re in your IT department
- The handshaking image
- No SEO strategy
- No CMS
- They’re in a different country
See full story on mysiteauditor.com
You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection, to some suppliers of goods and services that are written about, and we may be compensated for showing ads or recommending products or services or linking to the supplier's website. Read more.